♻ Sustainability News
Q: What is sustainability?
Sustainability is the measure of time that something or someone can successfully remain healthy. One could theoretically calculate how long that something or someone could be sustainably viable by analyzing three different variables:
- the current health condition of the subject’s resources,
- the rate at which it produces additional resources,
- and the rate at which it expends those resources.
- 🏗 Architecture, Engineering, and Construction — How is society architecturally engineering the construction practices of our future developments to ensure that they are more sustainable?
- 🍔 Food & Agriculture — Which technologically-enhanced agricultural methods are being utilized by society to produce greater volumes of food, while still yielding healthy, nutritious, and sustainable products?
- 💰 Economics — How sustainable are society’s current economic practices? In what ways could our current economic system be modified to be even more sustainable?
- ⛲ Marine Environment — In which ways do the health conditions of Earth’s marine environment affect society’s overall level of sustainability?
Posts About Sustainability
- Here’s what you need to know about the warming planet, how it’s affecting us, and what’s at stake. 13 MINUTE READBY JENNIFER ACKERMAN, REPUBLISHED FROM THE PAGES OF NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC MAGAZINE SCIENTISTS CONTINUE TO find new ways to insert genes for specific traits into plant and animal DNA. A field of promise—and a subject of debate—genetic engineering is changing the […]
- A new mapping effort revealed critical new details of Antarctica’s hidden land. Original Article Source: https://www.livescience.com/amp/new-anatarctica-map-climate-change.html The BedMachine map reveals ridges and valley’s beneath Antarctica’s ice. (Image credit: Mathieu Morlighem/UCI) A new map of the mountains, valleys and canyons hidden under Antarctica‘s ice has revealed the deepest land on Earth, and will help forecast future ice loss. […]
- The system is helping scientists in Hawaii monitor what could be the state’s most damaging ocean heat wave ever. Article Found On: Nature.comArticle Written By: Jeff Tollefson Hawaii’s coral reefs are in danger. A major marine heat wave that began in August is bleaching corals across the state, from the western shores of Kauai to […]
- Title: Elon Musk promises new Hyperloop tunnel after speed record broken Written By: Jon Porter via The Verge on July 22nd, 2019 TUM Hyperloop has set a new speed record of 463 km/h (288 mph) at the fourth SpaceX Hyperloop Pod Competition. The win was announced by Hyperloop’s official Twitter account. After confirming the speed record, Elon […]
- YouTube Video Video Description SUBSCRIBEDDesign gives form to the future, says architect Bjarke Ingels. In this worldwide tour of his team’s projects, journey to a waste-to-energy power plant (that doubles as an alpine ski slope) and the LEGO Home of the Brick in Denmark — and catch a glimpse of cutting-edge flood resilience infrastructure in […]
- Testing Sample Excerpt Setting The post Is Amazon Too Big? appeared first on The Zernach Foundation.
- YouTube Video Video Description The Boring Company is one of Elon Musk’s many futuristic projects, alongside Tesla and SpaceX. It promises to build high-speed tunnels that will dramatically change your commute. But The Boring Company has yet to build a single commercial tunnel. Elon Musk recently announced a Las Vegas tunnel, which could be the […]
- Seaboost (Egis Group) and XtreeE have combined their skills in marine biology and large-scale concrete 3D printing to design, manufacture and immerse one of the most innovative artificial reefs ever built. In a global context of degradation of the marine environment, concrete 3D-printing technology offers limitless perspectives for future ecological engineering and restoration projects from […]
- YouTube Video Video Description “A documentary on eight of the most ambitious mega-projects currently under development around the world, featuring: Istanbul’s building boom (Turkey); the Mission to put a human on Mars; the effort to develop Lagos (Nigeria); Africa’s unprecedented clean energy opportunity; the project to probe the nearest Earth-like exoplanet; Atlanta’s stadium of the […]
- YouTube Video Video Description “We spent an amazing day at the Sustainable City, a housing development in Dubai with 3,500 people already living there and it’s still not quite finished. This truly is a remarkable achievement, a stark lesson to building contractors the world over. It’s not more expensive to build and it’s hugely cheaper […]