Georgia Tech Undergraduate Admissions Process
Phone: (404) 894-4154
Fax: (404) 894-9511
FAFSA (Georgia Tech’s Title IV school code is 001569)
When evaluating your application for first-year admission, we are very interested in understanding how you stretched and challenged yourself relative to the curriculum that was available at your school. Georgia Tech is looking for students who demonstrate intellectual curiosity and aren’t afraid of a challenge!
The Georgia Institute of Technology receives a larger number of applications from academically qualified students than the institution has the capacity to admit and enroll. Consequently, some highly qualified applicants with strong test scores and high school GPA’s may not be extended an offer of admission. Georgia Tech utilizes a holistic review process which includes the consideration of additional factors (the eight headings on this webpage).
You may upload an unofficial high school transcript via your Admission Portal after application submission. Only if you are admitted and choose to enroll at Georgia Tech will you be required to submit an official, final high school transcript.
- SAT school code: 5248
- ACT school code: 0818
- ACT – Highest section score on English, Math, Reading and Science
- SAT – Highest section score on Evidence-Based Reading & Writing and Math
- Best of section scores SAT or ACT
- Does not evaluate Writing score
Contribution to Community
- Personal Responsibility
- Compassion for Others
- Intellectual Curiosity
If you run out of space, you may use the Additional/Other Information section to list additional contributions.
- Tell a story from your life, describing an experience that either demonstrates your character or helped to shape it.
- Describe a time when you made a meaningful contribution to others in which the greater good was your focus. Discuss the challenges and rewards of making your contribution.
- Has there been a time when you’ve had a long-cherished or accepted belief challenged? How did you respond? How did the challenge affect your beliefs?
- What is the hardest part of being a student now? What’s the best part? What advice would you give a younger sibling or friend (assuming they would listen to you)?
Link is broken?
Why do you want to study your chosen major at Georgia Tech, and how do you think Georgia Tech will prepare you to pursue opportunities in that field after graduation? (max 300 words)
Recommendations are optional and not required with your application. Should you choose to submit recommendations, we will only accept one (1) recommendation from your high school or college counselor and one (1) from the teacher of your choice. Any additional recommendations will not be considered with your application.
Interview for English Proficiency
Interviews are only necessary for non-native English speakers. Companies providing these services include InitialView and Vericant. Interviews must be completed and submitted prior to November 15 for Early Action consideration and February 1 for Regular Decision.
Undergraduate Admission seeks to ensure an academically diverse first-year class, which means during our holistic review process we consider many factors, including the major listed on your application. In our review of your application we expect to see evidence of your interest in and preparation for the major/college that you list on your application.
Georgia Tech is in the business of creating the next — the next idea, the next technology, and the next legion of visionary leaders. Bound together by passion and skill, spurred by our imaginations, and rolling up our sleeves to get it done, our faculty, researchers, and students focus on solving the grand challenges of our time.