Episode 1: Ioannis Ioannou | The Cast Iron Business Case for Sustainability
Posted by The Sustainability Agenda on Google Podcasts on May 13th, 2019
In the first episode of the Sustainability Agenda, Professor Ioannis Ioannou, a noted sustainability scholar at London Business School, unveils the latest research on corporate sustainability. The long-assumed trade-off between sustainability and profits, is it turns out, as many sustainability leaders suspected, illusory. The latest research shows that high sustainability companies are not only more profitable-but they can outperform as investments. And increasingly, investors are paying attention to a company’s sustainability initiatives.
In this podcast, Professor Ioannis draws together the latest thinking and research on sustainability:
• why sustainability today is at the heart of competitive advantage;
• the role of stakeholders in sustainability
• the dangers of a non-strategic approach to sustainability;
• the deep implications for transparency and governance;
• the changing role of the board
The post Episode 1: Ioannis Ioannou | The cast iron business case for sustainability appeared first on The Sustainability Agenda.